Yesterday, I went to see Alexis and get my haircut. Candy, one of Alexis' old coworkers, was there when I got to Alexis' house. Candy wanted Alexis to pop a cyst she had in her armpit. Candy is a nice woman, but she is an alcoholic. She looks as older as Alexis though she is ten years younger. You can see the toll her lifestyle has taken on her.
After hanging out with the girls for a while, I went to get gas and deposit an expense check at the bank. I noticed a woman parked oddly in the bank parking lot on the way through the drive-through. I finished my banking and was about to pull onto the road when I noticed the woman had a flat tire.
My first thought was not to get involved, but I got out and slowly approached her vehicle and asked if she needed help. She indicated she called a serviceman, but they were an hour out. It was getting late. The sun would be down soon.
"Miss, would you like me to change the tire?"
The woman said, yes that would be great. She was probably in her mid-thirties and dressed in dark blue scrubs. It was a newer GM vehicle. Ten minutes later she was good to go. Hopefully, that will spread some good karma.
Why that was rather chivalrous of you.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have been feeling chivalrous lately.
DeleteDefinitely good to help someone else who needed it.
ReplyDeleteIt just seemed like the right thing to do.
DeleteSorry about your air condition went out, hopefully it fix fairly soon.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I was lucky enough to get it fixed Friday.
DeleteIt is nice to hear that people still do good things for strangers. Kudos to you!
ReplyDeleteI like to think people good things for stangers.
DeleteIt was nice of you to change her tire. I'm sure she appreciated it. Years ago my radiator blew while I was out and a couple of guys stopped and pushed my car into the parking lot for me so I wasn't stuck in the middle of the street. I was very thankful for them.
ReplyDeleteYes, it doesn't take much to do a good deed.
DeleteCheers Bath, so nice of you.
ReplyDeleteMy theoretical ability to change a tire highly depends on the side of the car. On one side, if I'm lucky enough, I can manage. On the other, I'm simply not strong enough to unscrew the flat tire. I guess it's at the limit of my strength and thus on one side i manage to leverage better on my dominant arm, and on the other it's beyond my limit.
In any case, that was very very nice of you!
My left shoulder is not what it used to be either.
DeleteIt is a skill everyone should learn. I do not fault this woman for not knowing how though.
ReplyDeleteVery true. That is why I decided to help.
ReplyDelete