Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wolfpack Tower 2022

The original Wolfpack Tower was released by Lego in 1992, and it looked like this. It was a fantastic model for its day and part of the iconic Wolfpack series. It sold for $30 new. An original sealed set is worth over $500 (probably closer to $1000). Used sets go for $130. I have enough original pieces to build two used sets. The black printed corner pieces, figures, and flags are the key components that are hard to find.




Thirty years later, my reinvention looks like this.






I never get tired of just looking at this.



 

11 comments:

  1. I find that fascinating. My mind simply doesn't work that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of thinking, trial and error is involved.

      Delete
  2. I'll consider adding some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you integrate Hagrids hut into that? I really want to do the Harry Potter big pieces, Hagrid's Hut and Hogwarts, but they are expensive and I don't have space for them. Oh also, the new botanical pieces are so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a variation of Hagrid's hut. I made it in different colors and used a different wall arrangement. I did use the roof from Hagrid's hut.

      Delete
  4. Really, really cool, Bathwater. It makes me wish I would have kept my sets from when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete