Friday, January 7, 2022

Omicrom

 Thursday after work, Ava and I went to the Detroit Zoo. It was cold out, but we dressed well, and it was bearable. The animals were all inside; it was only about the lights. The exhibit was empty. Which is the way I prefer things. There were no crowds to push through.

I started to develop a sore throat Thursday. At first, I thought it was because some hot tea went down the wrong pipe, but I could not deny that I got sicker as the day progressed. I have had three shots. The symptoms are not bad, other than a hoarse voice. I don't have a fever, runny nose, or cough. I would probably be at work today any different cold season, but I stayed home because this is most likely the virus.

I am not going to get tested. I do not want to waste the day standing in line for them to tell me what I already know. It won't change anything. I think everyone will get this version of the virus eventually. Perhaps that will give us some herd immunity.

12 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I have 2 friends who are out with horrific colds, throats so sore they can bare speak, and thinking they had Omicron got tested. Nope, they just have horrific colds with terribly sore throats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, that's weird. Well either way, I am feeling better today.

      Delete
  2. I think the Medical Community agrees with you that due to Covidiots that will never get Vaxxed, eventually the spread will affect everyone and the ones with the best chances of Survival are the Vaccinated. I Hope you feel better... my symptoms suck and like you, I almost don't see the point now of trying to get Tested since it's so difficult to even get an appointment to be and everywhere is out of the rapid Tests. The last COVID Test I did have was allegedly rapid results and took over a Week... shit, by then, did it even matter anymore? I'm recovering from Pneumonia, but they weren't conclusive if it was regular Pneumonia or the COVID Pneumonia, which I guess Treatments for are different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better. Here in Idaho to get test we need have a doctor appointment. Hope the kits will make a difference.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not wasting the time to get tested. I am taking care of myself and feel much better today.

      Delete
  4. sorry to hear that Bath - you take good care of yourself ok?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well here :). The worst day was Saturday, this morning I just have a little bit of itching in the nose.

      Delete
  5. There's a heap of it around, that's for sure and I understand not wanting to bother with the whole testing thing. What's the point if results take a week?
    I hope you get better really quickly and completely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be getting better pretty fast. So no worries here.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you're sick.
    My daughter, grandson and I have been sick for 2 weeks. The only reason my daughter got tested is because her work required it. We all have Covid. Her boyfriend and his son have it too.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete