Saturday, January 22, 2022

Drive

 Lately, the drive to and from work seems short. I put on a playlist and find myself wanting to continue driving more than the thirty minutes it takes to get from the condo to work. I like the acoustics and solitude of being on a drive. I am restless and not ready to go home. A road trip is needed.

The cold temperatures continue, but we are devoid of snow. Outside the condo, I see the construction workers struggling to accomplish their jobs, and I idly wonder how Billie is fairing in this weather. I know I would not want to be out in the cold. I'll be glad when this season is over.

Alexis cut my hair Wednesday, and though I did not plan on staying long, we talked till late in the evening. Sam came home at one point and joined in on the conversation. Alexis and I have no filter. We talk about sex lives, social issues, and much that goes on without holding back. Sometimes I need that more than I realize.

The isolation that comes with winter shrouds us more than we know. I would not function well as a complete hermit.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you have your Inner Circle present, I would not do well as a Hermit either... even Quarantine with Family was hard for me for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you had a job like mine, dealing with the public all day, you'd treasure the isolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my son who works at the the other big box says the same thing.

      Delete
  3. I would say I need culture.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is physically demanding for a 100 lbs woman. It would age you before your time.

    ReplyDelete