Said to me this week.
Tiny: After meeting you I cannot see you being with someone your own age. You are young at heart. Most people your age are boring. They have given up.
Saturday I went over to Tinkerbell's condo and helped her and her boyfriend paint the deck. We all share a similar sense of humor and for a few hours, the pressures of living with the threat of a virus were forgotten. It was a beautiful day and the work went well.
My air conditioner was not working last week. Before calling in a repairmen I went on line to make sure it was nothing easy. I could not find anything I had done wrong. It turned out to be a bad relay switch in the unit. I recommended the repairmen to Tinkerbell. Her air conditioner never worked. She never bothered getting it repaired.
"Before you call him let me take a look at it. I have learned a few things," I told her. I took the thermostat off and discovered it was wired wrong. I switched one wire and replaced the thermostat and the unit clicked on.
"You telling me all those nights I sweltered upstairs and all that was wrong was a wire?" Tinkerbell's boyfriend asked. He took it with a good sense of humor but Tink assured me he would never let that go.
"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present."
You were the hero of the moment, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteI am always the hero of the moment.
DeleteOne of my desired traits in a partner is someone who works in the HVAC industry.... I guess that isn't a trait. Basically someone who can fix things, that's better.
ReplyDeleteI here the younger generation has lost that ability.
DeleteMy husband is an apartment maintenance man so he's been able to fix our air conditioner, toilet, plumbing, and even shut the water off when the hot water heater burst. He worked for the apartment complex we live at when we first moved here and the new owners know that. I had him show me a few things and our daughter knows how to fix a few things but he's the real master at it. It's nice to be able to fix some things yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think it is an important to have some ability to fix things. I can do most household things and minor car repairs.
DeleteI find that I love working with a lot of the younger people at my job. They have a fresh way of looking at things, life hasn't made them cynical yet.
ReplyDeleteYes something changes. some people loose what it is like to be young.
DeleteI always live in the present. I laugh a lot. Not all people my age are old, but some are and I laugh at them because they've decided the only thing left for them to do is pass time.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to pass on just yet. Not while me body is still working.
DeleteThe last sentence of your blog is so Correct... Be at Peace....
ReplyDeleteBeing at peace feels like standing still. I am fueled by chaos.
Delete