I went into the office today. I turned in an expense report right before we started sheltering in place, and it got lost. The company owes me $405.00. I had to go in and find my receipts so I could recreate the report.
There are a lot of cars on the road. Makes me wonder where all these people are going if we are still under the shelter in place order. The thirty-minute drive was the longest I've taken in weeks. Hard to believe I used to drive it every day. Already the memories fade. What do they say? It takes a minimum of 21 days to start a new behavior. Well, we certainly surpassed that minimum.
I saw a few people in the office. No one was actually wearing a mask except me, but no one was actually close to anyone else. There are going to be different levels of adherence to the guidelines depending on people's opinions.
In the center of Michigan, damns are failing, and there is widespread flooding. I am not a religious man, but isn't this how they describe the end of times? Plague, famine, and floods?
In case you haven't noticed, I have not been very cheerful lately. No, it is not because I haven't gotten laid lately. The last 12 months have just been one thing after another. Billy left in August, I had those pains throughout December, dad died at the end of January, and now I have been sheltering since March. Honestly, the next 12 months don't look much better.
Like here I think people are going to work
ReplyDeleteIs it the selfishness or necessity that makes them go? Heck many people are making more on unemployment. But I do know there is a social class that cannot afford to stay still.
DeleteSurprise, people have been breaking those Stay in Place rules since day one. There are a lot of Essential Places where people can go, and they've been going.
ReplyDeleteand here I have just been trying to stay put. Silly me.
DeleteI hope the remainder of this year will be progressively a Little Better.. a Wee Bit.
ReplyDeleteWe can hope but I do not see any signs that it will be. Not until one of three things happen, enough people get sick that we gain herd immunity, we get a vaccine or we get a treatment.
Deletepraying for everyone in Michigan, those floods are heartbreaking, stay safe, my friend
ReplyDeleteBilly has several family members that live in that area. I texted with her yesterday. So far they are dry and safe.
DeleteI have noticed that you've been depressed lately and you've had a lot happen in a short period of time so it's to be expected. They say time heals and all that but with everything that's been going on it's no wonder people feel like they do.
ReplyDeleteYou keep living. Trying to enjoy the moment. Trying not to spend time in the past or becoming a slave to the future.
DeleteLove is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top. Hey, i am looking for an online sexual partner ;) Click on my boobs if you are interested (. )( .)
ReplyDelete