The Gymnast and the Gypsy have decide to go on a road trip to Arizona. A rather foolish 29 hour drive to be taking right now if you ask me. No one did. So I didn't offer an opinion. They have to be back by the end of the month for the Gypsy's court date.
Tinkerbell called and asked if I wanted to go to Lowe's with her. I jumped at the chance to get out of the house. I earlier I could not remember the last time I went anywhere. Looking back it would be the day I looked at the truck. That would be a week ago! No wonder I am getting a bit depressed.
I like hanging out with Tink. It reminds me of the days we used to hang out all the time. These trips are shorter, but she is still one of the few people I can talk to for hours and not get bored. Lowe's was not crowded. There were no lines at the door waiting to get inside. Everyone wore a mask. It is a strange new world we will be opening up too come June.
The Weather here is starting to get warmer...again. I hope we get some 70 degree days soon. I would like to go ride some trails on my bike.
I took my friend Sam's bike to the shop today also. She has not ridden in three years. It needed a tun-up. I did a curbside drop off. The owner of the small bike shop said he could not get his employees to come back. They were making too much on unemployment. I think this is true for a lot of people out there. There should be a better way to get the economy rolling than paying people more money to sit home than to work. If I made more staying at home than working you can be damn sure I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. Of course this also says something about the state of wages in this country but now I am digressing.
You're right about the unemployment, benefits were beefed up because of the Virus.
ReplyDeleteSoon we'll all be asking "say, who is that masked man?" to which some smartass will reply. "It's the lone Ranger!"
And Lowes? Dear Lord in Heaven, have you gone insane?
I prefer Home Depot but for some reason at the time they did n't have the molding I was looking for and Tink was trying to match it. Don't worry we ended up at Home Depot today :).
DeleteI hope things start to get back to normal pretty soon.
ReplyDeleteThe new normal is what we will get.
DeleteStay Safe Gentleman.. .. !!!!
ReplyDeleteI think my resolve is wavering.
Delete