Friday, March 27, 2020

Count the Blessings

I need to count my blessings during this crisis.  I am still working (for now).  My family and friends are all healthy.  I am healthy and have plenty of food.  If I had human companionship, I would be content.

My friends Alexis and Sam cut hair for a living.  They are both not working.  Another friend Jay works for GM.  He was given a 20% pay deferral.  For the next six months he will get paid 20% less and the company will give it back to him with interest next year.  Billy has also been home.  I would say everyone I know except for my coworkers have been negatively impacted by this.

I have one coworker how knows three people who have died from the virus. I do not know anyone in my circle local circle that is a confirmed case, though a few think they had it or have it.

I  am glad the weekend is here.  I need to get away from this computer.  I spend too much time reading about the virus.  I am reading The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett.  It is a long book.  I do not find it that good.  The latest episode of The Magicians is out on Amazon.  I cannot wait to watch it.  The series is on NetFlix I recommend it.

Stay safe.  Stay at home and count your blessings. 

4 comments:

  1. Jodie Whittaker's corona message eased me. at least for a day. i LOVE Female Doctor Who!!!

    i finally have the time to finish Infinite Jest. that means i can finally be invited to college parties...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meanwhile the President is bully the governor of Michigan. He is such a three year old. When will he get the virus?

      Delete
  2. I tried reading that a long time ago... booooring. The truth about big, long books is that they never been edited properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind a long book if it is interesting but I have to agree this book is not very interesting...at all.

    ReplyDelete