The solitude is getting to me. This is what it is like to get old, I think in my head. Work emails trickle in. It seems people working from home do not work as much, or they are like me and spend all day reading about the virus.
My house is often silent. The house is silent. Occasionally I will hear the soft patter of the cats paws along the wooden floor when she comes to check up on me. I salivate over a new text or the occasional phone call. The Gymnast, has disappeared not sure what that is about. I called a coronavirus testing center today. If you are able to walk without a sever shortness of breath they are telling you to just stay home. So there is no way of telling how many actual cases are in Michigan, or if I even have the virus (for the record, I am pretty sure).
New Jersey hit 3600 cases today. That is the second state to tip passed the magic 3000 mark. They will be up to 5000 by tomorrow. Soon the entire eastern seaboard will be overloaded. It looks like California will tip tomorrow then the state of Washington.
My prediction is that Michigan will tip by this weekend. The governor put tighter quarantine rules in affect but not everyone is following them. Tinkerbell goes into her empty workplace. Billy is still working. The President wants to get the country back to work by Easter. What fucking planet is he on? By Easter the US will have more confirmed cases than China. Who knows what the death toll will be.
Boredom sucks.
occasionally I will hear the soft patter of the cats paws along the wooden floor when she comes to check up on me: that is the most beautiful sound in the universe...
ReplyDeleteYea see that is why I am so fucked up. I can think of some other sounds I'd rather hear.
DeleteI'm doing catch-up stuff, like finishing my taxes. I'm going to be making linguine noodles later, and I'm trying to teach myself Greek. Tomorrow I get to go back to work for half days and let the public expose themselves to me... that doesn't sound right, does it?
ReplyDeleteNo it doesn't sound right but if I was going out Home Depot would be where I would stop. Right now though I don't feel like painting.
DeleteI do have tasks, BW! But, I get it , I'm finding that even if there are things to do, you don't wanna do them. It's going to be a tough period. We are allowed out for one form of exercise a day and essential shopping. I make sure that my dog walk in the woods takes as long as it needs to. I must say that I do actually like the calm that seems to have descended on the world - less traffic - less noise. It feels like a soothing balm.
ReplyDeleteI am finding my routine and adding new things into my schedule was the thing keeping me stable.
Delete