Monday, June 6, 2022

Week In Review

Elon Musk is not only the wealthiest man on the planet. He continually shows he is also the biggest dick on the planet. That is more than I wanted to say on that matter.

Last night, I made plans to meet Firefly at Green Lantern Pizza. It is a place Sam and I often go to eat. I had the hostess seat me, and Firefly arrived a few moments after.

Firefly was dressed in yoga pants and a lightweight, long sleeve shirt. The grey top was one she purchased when we were on our road trip and had an image of the Parthenon in Nashville, Tennessee, on it. The oversized top mostly hides her advanced pregnancy.

 Firefly's hair is blonde, but her nature orange is showing through. She looks healthy. Her face is clear and fuller. I didn't change after work because I dressed casually in jeans and a dark blue button-down shirt.

We hugged and sat down to order. Things have been falling into place for Firefly. She and her boyfriend moved into a condo recently. It is in a good area not far from my work. She is six months clean, and her probation is on track. Money is tight, but so far, they are getting by. Firefly seems to be getting a lot of assistance, which helps.

I ordered a gluten-free pizza. Firefly ordered a Ceaser salad, and we talked for over an hour and a half, catching up. Firefly's baby shower is this month. She said about forty people would attend. I declined but told her to let me know if she doesn't get something she needed for the baby.

I am glad she is doing well. Firefly seems focused on succeeding, and that is all we can hope.

This weekend was packed with activities. I met a new girl Saturday, she seemed nice, but I could tell she was an addict, and I told her I could not see her. It wouldn't be good for her or me. 

Saturday night, I went to dinner with Sam, and then Sunday, we went biking though it was drizzling and overcast. Sam and I have been spending a lot of time together. We get along well, and it gets me out of the house.

Sunday morning, before biking, Max came over, and we went to breakfast. He seems to be doing really well. Max has lost a lot of weight. He weighs the same as me and looks really good. Max has no interest in dating, though the girls would flock to him. He is learning Sicilian for fun. I have to go to Grand Rapids for two days this week for work, but I will try getting Max out on a bike when I get back.





9 comments:

  1. There is this almost psychotic belief in this country that you need to be dating someone in order for you to be happy. That is not true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, but I still like getting laid occasionally.

      Delete
  2. Sicilian? really? yay for all these biking trips - I guess weather is not forbiddingly warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is trying to get in touch with his roots. We are Sicilian. The weather is hit or miss right now..

      Delete
  3. It's nice that you're getting to see everybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, except Tinkerbell who is being elusive lately.

      Delete
  4. I am glad to hear firefly is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people that attain that level of wealth and power are not what society likes to idolize. Just look how inappropriately he throws his seed around.

    ReplyDelete