Friday, June 17, 2022

Spills Over

The night was hot. I didn't turn the air up, which made for restless sleep. In my dream, I am in high school but not a teenager. I am working on the script for a play. It is a love story involving vampires and werewolves. I feel like it is a good story with a thought-out plot, but the details have escaped me, and it is frustrating.

I find myself confronting a teacher. "Well, if I didn't have so many parts to manage, I could spend more time on the script."

The parts are frustrations from my waking world leaking over to my dreams. I woke and made a conscious effort to remember the vivid dream but was too groggy to get up and write it down.

*     *     *

It took a trip to the ATT store to get my phone switched over. I am not sure if I am getting a better deal. I will probably need to make another phone call to them and complain before I do. I may upgrade my phone, but I think I will wait till Christmas.

The Lego show sponsored by Brickworld is coming up in September this year. To display your creation at the Detroit show is by invitation only. I have started inquiries to see if I can get an invite.

10 comments:

  1. Is that a common stress dream for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being back in school is pretty common. The details tend to differ,

      Delete
  2. Dreams you remember are trying to tell you something. I think you figured out already, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this one was easy. Last nights was too, but it was of a different nature and subject.

      Delete
  3. I dream once being back Grade School taking art, as adult.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we spend a lot of our formative years in high school and we tend to go back there in dreams.

      Delete
  4. Are you sure you weren't dreaming of Twilight? I know there are sparkly vampires in that series, but I also think there are werewolves, too, though I don't think they sparkle in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! There were no actual vampires or werewolves. Just a script that included them.

      Delete
  5. I sometimes have some bizarre dreams, it's interesting to dissect them and try to figure out what our subconscious is storing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my dreams usually. Sometimes though, they can be more stressful than the waking hours.

      Delete