Max came over Saturday morning. We went to breakfast, then he helped me add spacers behind the wheels on the Gladiator. Just for the look. The spacers push the wheels and tires out 1.25 inches. It sounds like a little but it makes a subtle difference in the appearance. We all know an extra inch doesn't hurt.
Sunday, I helped Sam move a chair from her mother's house to her current home and a second chair from her sister's house to her mother's house. After, we went for a bike ride. We went to Metrobeach. It is not my favorite place to ride. You end up dodging too many people that don't seem to realise they are sharing a path.
Sam and I have been spending a lot of time together. She even joked to her mom that I am her new boyfriend, but there is no romantic interest between us.
Work is becoming is busy. I have a coworker retiring at the end of the month and I am inheriting one of his projects. It is currently is shit show of a project and I don't see him resolving the issues before month's end. This business is for a part we didn't want. It and it will cost us more in engineering time and effort than profit, but we couldn't say no to the customer.
This is not the summer I envisioned.
No romantic interest is good, friends should always be welcome. Our HR rep transferred to a different store 7 months ago and the new rep walked into a real shit show, from new hire paperwork not being completed, to reports not being submitted. There were over 30 personal requests for time off / vacation that hadn't been touched. Everything needs to be current when you leave, whether it's because of a transfer, or you're retiring. Anything else is simply unprofessional.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I see a lot of unprofessional these days though.
DeleteI hope the project goes smoothly once you inherit it.
ReplyDeleteI do too, but there are several parts involved and a few do not seem to be going smoothly.
Deletebeaches can be fun if done right, i wouldn't know even though i'm literally steps away from one. yeah i'm not living the summer i envisioned either, i'm hoping for a paradigm shift where i rely less and less on the computer and more on world travel, but that depends on schedules aligning just right, it's all about timing...
ReplyDeleteIt is all about timing. I seldom seem to be in the right place at the right time.
Deleteinheriting projects is quite often a shit show - and even worse when former colleagues just do not care...
ReplyDeleteThis colleague is the typed that over cares. He was doing a good job. He just wants to retire. I am the type that just doesn't care :).
Delete