Friday, June 24, 2022

Coffee

Thursday, I had a coffee date with a new girl. I am going to call her Dee. Her name will not be significant because she will only be discussed in one post.  Dee and I made plans to meet at 7:00 pm for coffee in Royal Oak, a thirty-minute drive from my condo. I pushed through rush hour traffic, showered, filled the Jeep with gas, and managed to make it to downtown Royal Oak with just minutes to spare.

Dee arrived while I was placing my order, and I added her coffee drink to mine. I dressed for the date. I wore a nice pair of dark jeans, a blue short-sleeve button-down shirt, and these turquoise Timberland knock-off shoes that everyone compliments me on.

Dee dressed more casually in a pair of colorful lounge pants and what appeared to be a white tank top which clearly showed her nipples beneath. From her pictures, I did not expect Dee to be as thin as Ava or the girls that usually attract me, but she seemed nice when we texted, so I decided to give her a shot. Pictures are not a clear indication these days. Dee's pictures were of her five years younger and at least twenty pounds lighter.

We sat in the coffee shop and talked. On the website, Dee claimed to be thirty-two. She reminded me of a woman trying to extend her party years without keeping up with herself. Our conversation was decent and lasted for well over an hour before I steered us to the door and walked her back to her car. 

The experience left me feeling deceived and disappointed. I could not see myself climbing into bed with Dee and knew it would be worth investing more time in her. My gut said she wasn't into me either. I really didn't expect her to reach out to me today. It would have been a first. I've never had someone meet me for a drink or coffee and not want to continue. It is I who has declined several.

Dee did reach out to me twice today. My initial thought was just to ghost her but I sent her a polite text thanking her for giving me the opportunity to meet her, but that I didn't think we would be a good match.

Currently, no one else is on the horizon. Before the conversation with Dee, I thought about just not looking for a while. As I've said, I seem to have better luck in the fall. Still, I hate wasting the summer. Ava hasn't disappeared, but she is unavailable for trips or short adventures. This brings me back to time and timing.

8 comments:

  1. Well, you can keep looking. It won't hurt anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't hurt anything, but it does disappoint.

      Delete
  2. I doubt many people update their pictures with any regularity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case I think it was more deliberate. Although she did mention during the date that she felt her pictures were representative of herself.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that there was no spark there between you two. Hopefully the next person you choose to meet will be a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been okay with a little attraction. There wasn't any though.

      Delete
  4. Sorry it wasn't a go.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete