Monday, March 14, 2022

Snow, Again

 


Woke up to see this from my balcony Sunday morning. You can see the wood piled near the new construction I mentioned previously. The snow will be gone by Tuesday, but it puts a damper on the idea of Spring being on the way. Despite the snow, Max and I went to a local Lego resale shop. The roads were slick in spots, but it was a planned adventure so we headed out according to schedule.

The lego resale shop is a family-owned business. It struggled through the pandemic. They make part of their money from kids' parties and those were not happening last year. You never know what you will find in the store. They buy old sets from customers and resale parts and pieces at a significant mark-up. 

With the amount of Lego I have in my condo I could open a similar store. I have 70% of the same inventory they had on hand sitting on shelves now, but it would mean depleting my collection. I am not ready to do that yet. 

People are asking to see what stage my current creation is in, but currently, it is in pieces. The reason we ventured to the resale store was to replenish certain colors. I need more light blue for the water. You can see past images if you select the label Lego on the right.

Otherwise, my weekend was quiet. I spent a lot of time thinking about my next novel while rewatching The Magicians on Netflix. I love that show. It has excellent writing, although I think the first three seasons are the best.

The parts to repair the sun visor on the Gladiator arrived and I installed them Saturday. They seemed to work. I even reinstalled the screen on the door wall in hopes that I will be able to open it and let the air in soon.

I have to admit, I have not been very productive these past few weekends. I will blame it on the weather, but I do need to get motivated. 

13 comments:

  1. I will have to check out The Magicians on Netflix. Always looking for new shows to add to the list. Maybe now that daylight savings time has occurred there will be more energy for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by some of the books you read, I think you will like it.

      Delete
  2. A lego resale store... I had not considered such a concept. It's a good idea. I started The Magicians. I think I got through season 3, but I have yet to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you watched the 3 best seasons. I think the quest for the seven keys has some of the best lines in it.

      Delete
  3. The Magicians is a good show. I really enjoyed it a lot.
    I love the snow but we hardly ever get any here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had enough of it this year. Some sunshine would be nice.

      Delete
  4. Oh, boy, I hope no resale stores of that kind open up here! I´d be doomed as Hubby really already bought two games of chess (The Simpsons/Star Trek) and lego (?) Back to the Future.

    Yikes, still snow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrible shame about the view from your deck. I'd be royally pissed. I too am curious about the current Lego project. Visual creativity impresses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know. The lose of the view is a shame.

      Delete
  6. Resale story for lego. We have a lego club at our local library.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The resale of Lego is a big business. I have done it myself on a few occasions and probably will again at some point.

      Delete
  7. Lol, if Lego is your passion, you should.

    ReplyDelete