Friday night, I went to dinner with Jay and his wife. We went to a noisy bar called The Hub. It has been weeks since we saw each other and it was nice to catch up. We sat at a table next to a group of eight women all close to our age (we are in our fifties). Our entrance garnished some attention from the women at the table. They were probably looking at Jay. He is much better looking than I.
The women at the table were all overweight. I made a comment to Jay and his wife. Nodding my head to the other table I said, "This is what I deal with."
Sunday, I tried fixing the driver-side sun visor on the Gladiator. It is broken and falls out of the retention slot. It could not be fixed by me. I have to take it to a dealership, but I do not want to schedule an appointment weeks in advance and wait days for them to fix it. Some clever company made a workaround piece of plastic that will fix the issue and keep the other side from breaking. I purchased that and will install them. Hopefully, that will fix the problem.
I put building my custom Lego project on hold in favor of building an existing Lego 3 in 1 castle. I wanted something easy to build that didn't involve me thinking.
I did a lot of other choirs around the house that left me feeling achy. My body is not what it used to be. Something I am finding hard to accept. Some days I feel like just giving up and surrendering to old age. There are days I wonder why I keep pushing myself. Who am I doing it for? These thoughts I keep to myself, except for writing them here.
There are days I get tired of the silence that surrounds me. It is both a prison and a life raft. It reminds me of the meme I saw over the weekend. I will not do it justice here because I don't feel like writing out the complete scientific study, but a dog raised in torture is afraid to free itself. Somedays I feel like that dog. I think a lot of people do whether they see it or not. I cannot fault others for what I do myself.
My body tells me no, but I won't quit
Cause I want more, cause I want moreMy body tells me no, but I won't quit
Cause I want more, cause I want more... My Body, Young The Giant
Hopefully you'll be able to fix what's needs fixing with that part and be able to do it yourself. I know waiting for days to get your vehicle back is a pain.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, I am waiting for the part to come.
DeleteYeah, more aches, especially when you don't use it as much as you used to. Hope you get your visor fixed. That'd be annoying.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I use things just as much. Maybe I am lying to myself.
DeleteYou are only in your 50's my Dear, so tell your Body to shut up and keep on keeping on, you're much too Young to give up or to let yourself go. If you think pushing yourself is torturous, surrendering and letting a Body or Mind go to shit is much worse a torture. So, keep as Active and Vibrant as you possibly can, until such time as you absolutely can't! This is advice from an Old Lady and her Old Man, we keep pushing and tho' it is tiring and not for the faint of Heart to grow Old, it is indeed a privilege not afforded to many! As for all the Ladies in their 50's being overweight, it happens, once the Hormones go downhill or a Hysterectomy becomes necessary, even those of us who were thin our entire lives will get heavier. Le Sigh and Alas, that has been the hardest part to come to terms with for myself. As Active and relentless as I am about living Life well past the 5th and now 6th Decades, being overweight is definitely the part I can't seem to control... and I'm such a control freak that it pisses me off. *LOL* So... just sayin', give some of the over-fifty Gals a break, Women can't lose it as effortlessly as you Men can... SO NOT FAIR! *Winks*
ReplyDeleteIt is a balance. Women in their twenties are looked at by everyone. As they age, that goes away. Guys tend to grow into their looks.
DeleteThe only time I feel achy is if I do stupid shit and I'm a bit older than you. I don't think I'll be old until I'm in my mid 80's. My family tends to be long lived. I like Young the Giant.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to be in my mid 80s. I hope things don't last that long.
DeleteGee I thought you were around 40.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I know! I sound and act much younger!
Deletekeep training, keep taking care of your body. You will never regret having taken care of your body. And once you slip, going back is so difficult.
ReplyDeleteWhat is a noise bar?
A noisy bar. I will keep training-- for now. It can be done dear. I am not in the happiest of places.
Deleteoh, k, I'm an idiot.
DeleteI hear you, but I can't help thinking that training is a fence that does help at least a little bit in keeping the monsters at bay
<3
I hope spring will bring you some joy
I think spring is looking up.
DeleteI’m just beginning to notice the aches and pains of getting older. My thumbs hurt whenever I use them and it’s annoying af.
ReplyDelete