I've started packing bags. The Gladiator is washed, although I don't think it will stay clean with the weather we are getting for the next two days. I am updating my playlist and investigating stops along the route. I am overkilling my preparations, but it is better to be prepared. I have a feeling Ava will be more last-minute in her preparations.
I have been getting hair bumps from shaving lately. The only culprit I can point to in this change is the soap Ava gave me. I am not sure why that would be, but I haven't changed anything else. So that is annoying.
March dragged on with little change in the weather. I hope April is better. I don't plan to take my computer on the trip, but I think I will take my tablet just encase I decide to take notes along the way. Work is piling up, but I hope to have a better attitude after a few days away.
I was moody last week when I wrote the post Weak, but that has passed. Perhaps it is all part of letting go of the past. I am content, maybe a little bored, and looking forward to Spring.
I have been editing Dave's book and reading a few by David Gemmell, searching for inspiration for my own. Gemmel was a great writer of heroic fantasy. I was sad when he passed.
Ah, the joys of trip prep. It's good to get away, even from the digital world.
ReplyDeleteYes, I will have to try to disconnect from that while I am on the trip.
DeleteI never prepped far in advance; a suitcase only holds so much. A point you might find interesting, at this point in my life I'm mostly reading non-fiction. Right now I'm reading Origins, by Jennifer Raffe. It's simply fascinating. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1538749718/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ReplyDeleteI will check it out.
DeleteSafe travel.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Thanks!
DeleteGet ready to go and bloody enjoy yourself. I want a postcard.
ReplyDeleteI have a postcard for you. I just need an address :)
DeleteHave a great and wonderful trip, Bathwater. Looking forward to hearing about it.
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time. Just have to catch up with work before unpacking the trip.
DeleteHopefully it's a good trip for you both.
ReplyDeleteIt was great. Cannot wait to describe it all.
DeleteHave a great trip!
ReplyDeleteAbout the hair bumps, try exfoliating with a face scrub, should help
I will try that.
Delete