Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now, here he comes
But he talks like a gentlemen
Like you imagined when you were young
I said he doesn't look a thing like Jesus,
He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But more than you'll ever know... When you Were Young, The Killers
* * *
I checked in with Firefly last night. I have been keeping tabs on her Snapchat and Instagram posts. She appears happy, but she is good about posting things in the best light.
Bathwater: So blondie, how are you and the orange doing? I am proud of the way you stepped up to your situation.
Firefly: She is an avocado now! She's good. I have the anatomy scan April 4th. I should be moving out by May. I have $1500 saved right now.
Bathwater: Wow, you are doing good! Is baby-daddy pulling his weight?
Firefly: Kinda,lol. He just got a new job $15 an hour.
Firefly is planning a shower, working, and keeping up with her probation requirements. I didn't inquire any further for now. I am sure she knows she has a long road ahead of her.
* * *
Alexis called me Wednesday, out of the blue, complaining about having to find a dress and how nothing fits. The wedding has become a bigger affair than she planned. The groom has invited twenty people. Alexis invited only Sam and me. She told her mom about the nuptials but reminded me not to mention where we are going on Saturday in front of her son. He will think we are going to a friend's class reunion.
"Sam has been crabby lately," Alexis tells me. Sam broke up with a short-term boyfriend in January. Her first in over two years.
"That's what happens when you stop getting laid," I tell her.
Sam doesn't say much concerning Alexis' plans. The two have known each other too long. She just watches things unfold. She is probably passive-aggressively expressing her disapproval. Apparently, I am not only Sam's date for the evening but her designated driver. There is sure to be a lot of drinking at this wedding. The bride and groom and staying the night at a hotel, separate rooms I am told. Both will be too drunk to do more than pass out anyway.
It should be an interesting occasion. I cannot wait to relate the details.
You have some interesting friends.
ReplyDeleteI do, but they are just people doing the best they can.
DeleteTake pictures!!😉😉
ReplyDeleteAt your request, I will, but I am not sure how many I will be able to share here.
DeleteWho knows how some marriage turn out.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
This is true. I am speculating based on the law of averages.
Delete