They are digging holes in the lawn in several areas around the complex. On the way home from the dentists, I asked one of the workers what the project was for. He indicated they were running gas lines to the new construction going on across from my building.
I am disappointed by this new series of condos being built. The original plans called for a small park across from me. Those plans were scrapped when the builder redivided the land. soon I will be looking at other condo units when I step onto my balcony. I might have to start getting dressed before walking in front of the window.
I used to know it was spring when I could open the door-wall and hear the frogs chirping at night. I doubt they will be as loud this year. It reminded me of this post. I couldn't find the original date, but Max will be twenty-three this year.
Originally Posted (Unkown)

"Let's pretend we are biologists searching for a frog that can cure cancer."
"What's that?"
"It's an illness you don't have to worry about Max."
Max called me this afternoon wanting to come over for his extra day as he calls them now. I picked him up and we went frog hunting at the retention pond in the subdivision near my condo complex. It was a beautiful day. The rich smell of hot tar came drifting down from the wooden bridge over the drain. We made our way down the banks slowly. Max is a good frog catcher. At his home, he always has two or three in his aquarium. Today we had no luck catching frogs, though we saw a few. Max did find a dragonfly that didn't seem to mind being caught.
We came back to the condo without a frog so we decided to color some frog pictures instead. One thing lead to another and we ended up making our own origami frogs.



That stinks about the condos instead of the park. Those are great memories with your son and fun to see your pictures.
ReplyDeleteHe was such a cute kid.
DeleteYou'd think there are already enough condos in the world. One should actually want more parks. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteThe area around me was devoid of building since the crash in 2008. Now everything is back on.
DeleteI'm lucky, I live in what I call Old Enola, where all of the houses are old and have yards. The condos start 1.5 and they are growing like a cancer.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are great! I used to love catching frogs, and crayfish.
I have shied away from owning a house. I don't like the upkeep. Max was always a little adventurer.
DeleteWhat Beautiful expressive Eyes your Max has! I'm sure he's growing even more Handsome. I hate the loss of Natural Habitat to Urban encroachment, it's happening everywhere here. There's a large Agricultural Field to the East of our Mini Farms, it was Zoned for Agricultural or for Mini Farm Development if the Farmer Sold it. Well, some Developer managed to get the Zoning changed and bought it from the Farmer to put in... a Residential Subdivision Hell of probably much cheaper Homes than ours are... so, there goes Property Values. We'll likely have $300,000 poorly constructed Homes now right by Custom built Mini Farm Homes on Acreages that are now valued $690,000 upwards to $900,000... an awww shit Moment for all of us who Invested in high end Real Estate here and wanted similar development nearby if ever that Farmer decided not to do Urban Farming anymore now that the City has grown up around his Farmland.
ReplyDeleteDevelopers always have a way to screw commitments over. Usually they do it right under our noses.
DeleteYes Max was should a cute kid. He is still a good looking young man.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these precious photos. I'm sorry about the construction. We're fortunate to live in an established neighborhood of single family homes. Upkeep can be a pain but it's worth it overall. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteI like my condo, but the seclusion was nice while it lasted. Still the new condos are raising the price of mine.
Delete