We did get some snow. I haven't stepped outside to measure, but I did decide it was enough to work from home. My drive home was forty minutes longer than the usual thirty. I passed Firefly on the road, white-knuckling it in the slow lane of the boulevard. She didn't notice it was me. I was hurt she didn't recognize the Orange Crush decals on the truck's tail, but she was too intent on the road.
I sent her a text when I got home.
Bathwater: What are you doing driving in this weather, Firefly? Haven't you learned your lesson?
Firefly: Lmaoooo, how do you know I'm driving.
Bathwater: I passed you on 16 Mile road. I even honked.
Firefly: I was working. I thought that was you. I saw your car and was like, hmmm, I know that car.
It reminds me of the days Tinkerbell drove a lime green Ford Focus. I would see her on the road all the time. Even on days, I didn't want to see her.
The roads should be passable by this evening when I pick up Ava. It takes more than 4 to 8 inches to slow this city down. We are expecting gale forces winds tonight. I like listening to the winds blowing outside at night.
This has been a long week and plans on being a busy weekend. Ava is spending the night tonight. I am replacing the coil pack on Max's car with him Sunday, and after, I am meeting a new girl for a drink. Something tells me this girl is more like Firefly than Ava, but we will see.
We had rain and lots, and lots of wind. I never see anybody I know on the road... ever.
ReplyDeleteWe had the same wind. It was nice.
DeleteTake my word, white knuckle driving doesn't get easy as you age.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
No but the vehicles sure have.
DeleteAt times I wish we got a little snow here but after seeing the crazy drivers in the rain, it's enough to make me rethink that. We get snow maybe once every 5 years. People on the roads here are nuts.
ReplyDeleteIf you never get to drive on it you never learn the feel.
DeleteAnd here I was complaining about some Wind and slight Chill... I'm so spoiled by Desert living. In a City this size, I'm shocked at how many people I know that I run into all of the time almost anywhere. And even when we leave the City, we run into people we know in the damndest places! When we went on Vacay to Jerome, a Touristy Ghost Town, I ran into an Old Coworker I hadn't seen in Years, what are the Odds?
ReplyDeleteI probably pass more people that I realize. Only certain people catch my attention.
Delete