Ava and I had plans to get together Sunday. She was out visiting a friend in Washington DC. I would pick her up from the airport Sunday night, and Ava would spend the night. Saturday, she texted me saying she needed to push getting together back to Thursday or Friday. She said her mother needed her urgently upon her return.
I made a joke, asking if she was ditching me for some Superbowl party. I double-checked with her on Sunday. Sometimes our communication is cloudy, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't supposed to pick her up and take her home. It didn't ring true when she said her mother was picking her up. "Someone else is picking you up from the airport? Now, I know you are ditching me for something else."
"She likes picking me up from the airport if she is feeling up for it. Stop messing with me. I am trying to enjoy my last minutes in DC. I would never ditch you, btw. Please know that."
We made plans for Friday and for yoga on Tuesday of next week, but I don't think she is telling the truth. I think she was offered the chance to extend her DC trip. She is usually pretty active on Snapchat, and she has been silent since Saturday. Just another thing that adds to my suspicions.
Perhaps she doesn't think so, but I would have been fine if she extended her trip. Disappointed, yes, but I would not be overthinking it. Now I am. One lie can do that. It leaves me questioning everything else she says.
I trust my instincts. They are seldom wrong. I have been with too many liars, and my radar is sensitive. Because of my past, a lie is more triggering than the truth.
Sam thinks I should confront her. That can be a slippery slope when all I have to go by is my instincts. People caught in a lie often double-down. I would like a level of trust between Ava and me. I don't think that is too. It is something that I feel we have been building. I understand we don't have any written contracts. We are not committed, but spring is coming, and we have an implied level of commitment. If Ava's situation is changing, I can find someone else, but it leaves me in a position I didn't want.
Maybe things will be more evident when we get together Friday, but I don't think so. Ava has never been easy to figure out. My detractors will be quick to say she is playing me. That is usually easier for me to figure out, especially when unfettered by emotional ties. The truth is, you never really know anyone, and people seldom really know themselves.
Who will save your souls?
After all those lies that you told, boy
Now, who will save your souls?
If you won't save your own?... Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel
.....or, you are just overthinking.
ReplyDeleteShe may have something with her family - a domain in which she so clearly does not what you to be involved...
That is the long shot answer and you could be right, that is why I will not accuse her.
DeleteHave to agree on this one. You are seeming a bit possessive for an arrangement. This one has had you spinning a bit. Caught up on posts, I think the facts she's not a train wreck makes her something new and confusing to you. Don't descend to being a invasive person good Sir, hope your new year is going well. Lower Michigan is so bleh lately. Nothing but work, rinse, repeat.
DeleteOn related note, Firefly pregnant? Wow....some people are digging holes their whole life (no pun intended)
Roth, good to see you. You are right, it does have me spinning. It is my own shit getting in the way. Yes, lower Michigan is bleh in more ways than one.
DeleteFirefly is jumping from one pit to the next. I do hope she gets some direction though.
I wouldn't confront her. I would however, begin considering alternatives for spring.
ReplyDeleteI am already working on it.
DeleteI just have a hard time understanding why people lie about things like that. It would be easier and make more sense just to tell the truth about it. Or maybe something else is going on that she just didn't want you to know about. Who knows. I don't like people to lie to me either. I would much rather know or tell the truth and just deal with that. Makes things simple.
ReplyDeleteMary I agree, it would make things simpler. Nothing is ever that simple though.
DeleteGee, I never did yoga on date. Things sure changed over years.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Well we will see what happens.
Delete"The truth is, you never really know anyone, and people seldom really know themselves." That can sum it up pretty much in a nutshell. I do not trust a Thief or a Liar... some people feel a need not to keep it 100% and you're right, confronting a Liar, they do usually double down. The length of the excuse or story is typically a clue and of coarse a Liar has to have a good Memory, since, the Truth never changes. I can handle the Truth, so would also prefer anyone to stick to that... my Kiddos learned that early on, being Truthful with me goes a long way no matter how hard that Truth might be to hear. And like Dora, wow, things have changed, I did Yoga a lot when Young and that would have been a Date I'd have liked a Guy to join me.
ReplyDeleteI am going to the class by myself today. Ava likes to talk about being a low maintenance yogi, but I think that is mostly in her head.
DeleteThat's so true. You never do know anyone completely. How much you invest depends on how much you trust. I always trust my instincts.
ReplyDeleteI trust me instincts too.
ReplyDelete