Monday, November 22, 2021

Tower Update

 This weekend I worked on my Lego tower. I started by rebuilding the tower to improve the structure's strength and reduce the number of pieces. I removed fifty to seventy-five pieces while keeping it the same height-- I think. 

I closed the gap in the large windows, added red flowers to the ivy, and figured out a way to quickly attach the top to the base (after I dropped the top and had to rebuild that). I created an island base to mount the structure on, and now I will work on a bridge going from the island to the mainland. 

These pictures were taken before I implemented the new system for mounting the top to the base. You can see it is tilted in one image.  That doesn't happen anymore. A rectangle in the bottom fits into a slot in the top.



Slow progress, but my typical building style involves several rebuilds until I am satisfied

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it is getting there. It will be something to see one day when it is all complete.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are too kind, but it will be something to see one day.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, it is coming along very nicely. I'll have more updates soon.

    ReplyDelete