Friday, November 12, 2021

Thoughts and a Conversation with Firefly

 A few months back, I added using the weight machines to my lunchtime workout routine. Not much, just my arms and torso. We don't have anything for working out the legs in our little work gym except stationary bikes, a treadmill, and ellipticals.

I usually hate going to the gym, but I do like the results. Ava didn't mind them either. They do improve my mood and my attitude about myself.

*     *     *

I chatted with Firefly over text today. She has not used opioids. However, she has been drinking, and apparently, getting drunk and taking all her Seroquel landed her in the hospital. She says she doesn't remember why she did it. If I had to guess, I would say it involves a boy.

Bathwater: When you get out, don't be a stranger. You can always reach out and say, "Hi, I'm doing good" or "Hi, I am not doing good today; buy me a pizza."

Firefly: I think I can do that.

This is the way I'd like it. I'd like to keep her at arm's length, but I want her to realize she has a friend and ally.

Bathwater: I will always remember our road trip together, fondly. It may be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for me. I hope you do too.

Firefly: I dooo.

Bathwater: Slow your roll, Shortcake, and reach out to positive people when temptation or depression get too much.

Firefly: Yeah, idk what happened.

Bathwater: Alcohol, drugs, relationships-- they mess with your head. You are too fragile for that right now.

Firefly: Yeah, I noticed.

7 comments:

  1. You do know she's not going to listen, don't you? At least you made the attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can do is try, and hope she doesn't end up killing herself.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad she recovered this time and do Hope that the overdose experience may promote some positive change, only Time will tell. Some recover from their Addictions and some do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some try to replace them. Some try to control them. It is all a tough life.

      Delete
  3. I like that you're doing weights and feeling good. I'm tired and grumpy these days and some exercise might help if only i could get motivated

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to learn it for ourselves. Some lessons are harder than others.

    ReplyDelete