I have been trying to post more often. Here is a mixed bag of items too short for individual posts.
The group was talking, so I paused and entered the conversation. One woman was retiring. She has been commuting a long distance for the last six months as she transitions into retirement. Popstar made the following comment to the retiring coworker concerning the commute. "Heck, you could stay with me (instead of making the drive). I'm bored."
I didn't comment. If the year wasn't 2021 and this wasn't a conversation at work, I might have said. Bored? Then maybe you should have taken me up on my offer for dinner. Instead, I just headed to the gym.
* * *
Firefly is awake. Her mother says there was no permanent damage. I have not heard directly from Firefly. Because of Covid, visiting patients is limited to one family member each day. I called the gift shop and arranged for them to send a stuffed animal to her room.
The pleasant-sounding giftshop volunteer relayed the animals they had available. I chose a zebra from those. On the card, I had her put the following, "Zebras cannot change their stripes, but you can Cuddledud."
I informed the woman there was no need to add my name. Firefly would know who it was from. I have been second-guessing the note. Does it sound harsh? Get well soon or glad you are alive-- didn't seem appropriate.
* * *
Ava is on a spiritual retreat in Jacksonville, Florida, for her birthday, which is Friday. I think it is a "working" retreat. She returns Monday. I offered to pick her up from the airport. Maybe we will get something to eat on the way home. All part of blurring the lines.
Well Firefly is going to figure it out or she isn't going to be around much longer. I hope she can finally get on the right track.
ReplyDeleteShe is still in the substitution stage. She may have given up opioids but she has not given up escaping from reality.
DeleteMaybe you should change Popstar's name to 'B side.'
ReplyDeleteI just found her comment funny. Especially after being with Ava, who is only a year younger and has a better figure than Popstar.
DeleteI'm glad Firefly will be ok.
ReplyDeletePopstar isn't even worth thinking about.
Firefly should get out today or tomorrow. Sounds like she didn't do any permanent damage. I don't waste time trying to figure out Popstar. I figure it is her loss.
DeleteI think the Note on the Gift was accurate and it was a nice gesture to let you know you are wanting the best for her and Care. I do Hope she can turn her Life around and recover from Addiction, so much Life ahead of her, it would be a shame for it to be cut short with the Lifestyle she is mired in. Glad no permanent damage, she certainly dodged a bullet. Popstar is not worth engaging in any small talk IMO.
ReplyDeleteI am not engaging in any talk with Popstar. Yes Firefly has so much life ahead of her. She should not waste these important years coming up.
DeleteWell she said she loved it and she did end up texting with me several times over the weekend.
ReplyDelete