Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Lego Spree

 The holiday season is often an excuse for the purchase of Legos. I have bought a Harry Potter set for 50% off and three 1500 piece generic bulk sets that were also 50% off from Walmart.  The bulk sets are a great deal.  Less than 2 cents a brick. This is the way Lego enthusiasts calculate the economics of a set. 


I also bought Minifigures (knights) and specific bricks (mostly small round dots) from resellers. It is easier to buy these from resalers in bulk in the colors I want for my recent build. My collection may be excessive, but I figure if it makes me happy, it is no different than a boat, a vacation house, or other adult toys. It is also less expensive and maintains some of its value.

6 comments:

  1. Splurge. If happiness is Legos, than let there be Legos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it doesn't hurt anyone and I haven't turned into a hoarder...yet.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! Look at all the pretty colors! There is nothing like shiny new bricks:).

      Delete
  3. What Dave said. If these bring you Joy then it's a good Investment and even if the Value is subjective, who cares? Enjoy... and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving. I am enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete