Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Airport Run

 I picked up Ava from the Detroit Metro Airport Monday afternoon. She was on a spiritual retreat in Jacksonville, Florida, for her birthday. Her plane was on time, and we headed off toward the freeway.  Ava asked if I could stop at a juice bar on the way home.

"Actually, I thought we could eat at Fishbones downtown. They have sushi, and I could go for some jambalaya," I said.

"That sounds even better."

"Good, it's already plugged into the GPS."

It was a twenty-minute ride downtown. We parked in the Greektown Casino parking garage and walked the two blocks to Fishbones. This was Ava's first time at Fishbones. She gives off the impression she gets out a lot, but I don't think that is the case in reality. I think she cannot afford to do much traveling and only gets the opportunity through relationships.

I am still trying it figure Ava out. I like talking with her. We have several things in common. She is reserved, and her abusive relationship with her father has driven her to maintain a very healthy lifestyle. I think it stems from a need to control some aspect of her life.

She sends texts like: "Thinking of you. Sending you good vibes & looking forward to our 6 pm dinner & playtime this Friday!"

It is hard for me to take someone who says "fun time" instead of sex as being genuine. I'd be more comfortable if Ava said, looking forward to you bending me over the bed again, but perhaps that is just my ego talking.

I'm debating taking her to Key West for New Year. Not sure if she would be interested or if I'd rather wait until March when the prices are more reasonable.


10 comments:

  1. I've been to Fishbone once and have to admit I was not that impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this Fishbones is a local restaurant. With only two in the area.

      Delete
  2. ...and I have a trip to Florida in MArch, 3 or 4 days. Any advice on where I should go? I'm thinking pristine beach with little people, relaxing etc... Any suggestion? :-D
    And please, yes, do take her to Florida for a few days, it's a win win. You are going to have a great time and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an expert on Florida, but if you are looking for quiet I'd say stay on the gulf side and not the Atlantic Ocean side.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like things are going well and that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you have found someone to hang out with and enjoy time with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working with it. She is different, and that is taking some getting used to.

      Delete
  5. A Healthy Controlled Lifestyle isn't such a bad thing, but it wouldn't be something I could Maintain for a Lifetime, I don't know about you? *LOL* Passion but without Love, now, that's something to ponder... but, it does not sound like you intend for this relationship to last, so a Passionate brief one may be what you need right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passion may not be the correct word, but it is something I have felt with others. That is why I think she is afraid to let herself go.

      Delete