I picked Ava up Friday at 4:00 pm. We decided it was too cold to see the light display downtown Rochester and saved that for next Friday. Instead, we picked up food on the way and headed back to the condo. We made chocolate chip cookies from a frozen batch we picked up weeks ago and cuddled up on the couch.
I changed into a pair of sweatpants and offered Ava a pair of comfortable lounge pants of mine she could change into. Ava loved the first Deadpool movie but had not seen the second, so we watched Deadpool Two. I sat up during the movie. Ava placed a square pillow in my lap, rested her head on it, and stretched out before me on the couch. I rubbed her back while we watched the movie, and we ate a few of the cookies.
After the movie, we headed upstairs. Ava is getting comfortable here. She warms up slowly and doesn't take things for granted. The sex is very satisfying for both of us. It is never rushed. We are both giving people and are attentive to the other's needs.
During our pillow talk, I mentioned that I felt Ava holds back part of herself. She admitted it was true but blamed it on her childhood and upbringing rather than our arrangement. Ava controls her health and what she eats because she feels she cannot afford to be sick. She doesn't allow herself to indulge in what pleases her.
I still find her different, but not in a way that makes me want to stop seeing her. She is free of the drama which usually surrounds the girls I get in evolved with. That alone makes her worth keeping around.
Life without drama might be considered a little piece of heaven.
ReplyDeleteYou would think so, but it still is hard for me to adjust to it.
DeleteNo, I am not in therapy. Though I do see the benefits. Firefly was too much drama. I hope the best for her but don't stay up nights worrying about her or try to help her.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Drama Free Mama and anyone who even smells like Drama and a Headache I don't want in my Orbit. I've found that a lot of Drama is addictive to some people and without it they don't feel as alive I guess, don't have a Project to try to 'fix'. So, even when Drama doesn't find them, they can't help but fabricate some. I had to distance myself from the Dramatic addicts, it disrupts my own Calm. Life is full enough of things you can't avoid. Glad you've got Ava, she sounds like a more suitable arrangement and so long as you're both good with the terms of it, then it's working for both of you.
ReplyDeleteYes, you are right. The drama does help make me feel alive sometimes. I am trying to avoid it.
ReplyDelete