Monday, December 5, 2022

Weekend

Sunday, Sam goaded me into driving forty-five minutes across town and going to the Twelve Oaks Mall by threatening to get a new "boyfriend." I was reluctant to leave the comfort of the condo and didn't feel like shopping, but I acquiesced.

The mall was not packed, but there was a good flow of people walking about. Nothing like the Christmas crowds of twenty years ago. The store I liked best, Lord & Taylor, closed a few years ago. I can't find a replacement.

I ended up by two overcoats at Macy's. One is black, and the other is a wine color. I couldn't beat the prices. $100 and $130. Sam is a great shopping partner. She has no problem telling me what looks good and what looks terrible. She tends to encourage me to buy, though, which can be expensive.

I also bought a jacket and shirt at Buckle. Those were Sam's idea and a bit of an impulse. I don't go shopping very often, though, so it is okay. Sam didn't end up buying anything. I think she just wanted to get out.

We ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory. There was a 1.5-hour wait, but we managed to slide into the bar area within five minutes. Surprisingly, neither of us ended up having cheesecake. I had grilled salmon, but most of the meals on their menu are more calories than one should eat in a day, and THAT is without the cheesecake! I wonder how people can eat out all the time.

I was texting with Firefly last night. She is doing good. Firefly likes being a mom. Her bay is cute. Firefly is one year clean. I told her I was proud if her.

7 comments:

  1. Don’t you hate how all the old department stores are gone? I am not a fan of Macy’s. I agree; Cheesecake Factory meals are real calorie bombs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of Macy's either, but there are few choices left. I cannot believe the calories in those meals.

      Delete
  2. This is why you take the cheesecake home and have it later (or the next day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but I don't need the extra calories. Especially if I am going to be out of commission for a few weeks soon.

      Delete
  3. I rarely buy clothing, and I rarely worry about calories. Good for Firefly! The baby may be helping by keeping her very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not at the point where I am willing to stop worrying about calories.

      Delete
  4. Yes, it is nice to see her alive and making something of herself. even if it is hard.

    ReplyDelete