I spent the day giving the condo a good cleaning Saturday. I tend to keep the condo clean anyway, but I will be shorthanded come Tuesday and wanted to make sure it will remain clean for the immediate future.
Saturday night was my company's Christmas party. I was very noncommital about going. I enjoyed it more when Billie and I were together. Is it worth the $250 gift card and $60 waterproof speaker I won? I am being too harsh. Most people do not get a Christmas party and gifts. These are on top of my five-figure bonus.
I tried on my various suit jackets Saturday afternoon and decided one would do, but as I got out of the shower and dressed, I realized it was too large. I looked like David Burns in that Talking Heads video. It was too late to purchase a new jacket, so I put on one of my new overcoats and went to the party without a suit coat. I didn't care.
The Christmas party is held every year at the same country club. It is a forty-five-minute drive for me. The area had light snow showers, but the roads remained clear. My plan was to arrive late and leave early. I didn't achieve either.
The Bonus and Party Gifts are quite generous, you are quite spoiled, but I'm sure earn it... there are no free rides in the Corporate Grind. I Wish I could keep the Home neat and tidy during the Holidays, right now it's a hot mess, but everyone is happy and enjoying the Holidays so I'm trying to be laid back about it being messy and so chaotic right now.
ReplyDeleteI find piece from a clean house. The house outside reflects the house inside?
DeleteI'm not fan of company Christmas parties.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
I diffidently do not get drunk at them.
DeleteWith 2500 people attending, I totally ditched my Company Christmas party, as I was afraid it was going to turn into a Covid party...
ReplyDeleteI was afraid of our 100 people party would turn out the same way.
DeleteParties can be overrated. But it's good to show you're a team player. And it's only once a year.
ReplyDeleteyes, that is why I went.
Delete