Friday, I had plans to get dinner with Sam. Traffic was horrendous due to construction, so I opted to go to her hair salon instead f driving home and turning right back around. Sam was the only one still working when I arrived. She was doing Marie's hair. Marie is another friend from my past.
Marie was complaining about her boss, and Sam commented that he sounds like he has rich white man problems. I take offense to that term. Today, when so many things are considered inappropriate to say, why does that term seem to be gaining popularity?
Saturday was cool and overcast. As a result, I was having a difficult time getting motivated. Sam wanted to go biking on the Orchard Trail. I showed up to get her wearing dark pants and a plain grey long sleeve shirt. Sam came out into her garage wearing almost the same outfit. Her shirt was a shade dark.
"You should have called me. I have this shirt in that shade," I remarked when she climbed into the Gladiator.
"We really are boyfriend and girlfriend, and we are starting to dress alike," she said, laughing.
We ended our ride in downtown Armada. We wanted to stop at a local ice cream shop that Sam has been hearing about. The place was underwhelming. The ice cream was okay, but they advertise all these fancy custom creations but had little in the way of photos. Even though they had a presentation running on a computer screen, it left us confused and hesitant to order.
Sunday, I worked on a stand-alone tower for my display. It is not actually part of the main display, but once it is finished, it can be added to the table. I am happy with the initial concept, but about 50% of it will be reworked. I am not happy with the roof between the first and second levels or the look and attachment of the turrets.
This is stage one. My only idea was to make a tower with a curved stair that sat on a pillar of stone. The way I work is to build and take apart until I am happy with the result.


Why is is okay to say rich white man problems? It's punching up versus punching down. When comedians ridicule people who are traditionally trodden upon, it's mean-spirited. Punching down. But, when they satirize celebrities who are doing well in the world, it's funny. Punching up.
ReplyDeleteI think funny is funny, but they are not using this term to describe celebrities or in a joking manor, but more mean spirited bitter way.
DeleteThat rock is really craggy. I like it.
ReplyDeleteYes I was playing with the crappy rock and because I didn't have the parts I wanted for the top, I ended up making another tower.
DeleteExactly, what they are inferring is offensive.
ReplyDelete