Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Other One

Sam called me late Sunday night. "You know, usually it is Tinkerbell drunk dialing me in the night."

"I am not drunk dialing you," she assures me. "Did you see Billie had her baby?"

Yes, the other one, as Shelby so affectionately called her. Had her baby Sunday, August 28th. She posted an image on Instagram. I haven't heard from her or reached out for any further information.

Billie has only posted three times on Instagram. They have all been made in the last month or so. One of her baby shower, one with her boyfriend, and now the picture of her baby. She never posted anything while we were together, nor up till now, anything with her new boyfriend. 

I think for the first time in her life, Billie feels normal. Good for her. Though, I can't help pontificating. There is no normal, and the fairytales society feeds us are not worth chasing.

Last night, I meet up with Sam for dinner. "You know, stalking my ex-girlfriend's Instagram account is a very girlfriend-like thing to be doing," I tell her.

Sam assured me she just popped up in her feed. I think Sam only mentioned it because she worried the news might send me into a funk. It hasn't. I am happy for Billie, but otherwise, I don't really feel affected. Billie is part of the past. Hopefully, there is not much of the girl I used to know there still.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes when people think they are being helpful, they are not. But, at least you heard the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, has good intentions. I would have figured it out at some point. Besides, like I said, I m happy for Billie..

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you don't feel affected

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have other puzzles to unravel right now :).

      Delete
  3. For some people Instagram is a lot like Facebook, it's not even near to being a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Billie I think it goes deeper than that. Facebook and Instagram have never been my priority, but Billie has always been on them. She just never posted.

      Delete
  4. No, I agree, the title fits. That is why I used it.

    ReplyDelete