Monday, October 18, 2021

Sleep To Dream

 Lately, when faced with the choice of getting up or staying in bed, rolling over and trying to return to sleep wins out. There are only so many hours the body needs, so eventually, I start my day.

I am reminded of an episode of the TV show Ally McBeal. A woman wanted to be put back in a medically induced coma because, in her unconscious state, she was married, had children, and had a wonderful life. In the waking world, she had none of these things.

My dreams are not as complex a construct. They do bring me a sense of peace the waking world does not. My mind is cluttered with conflicting thoughts. It must be nice to be one of those people that believes in one ideology wholeheartedly. My world is full of grey.

I came down with food poisoning again yesterday. This time it was terrible. I could not even keep water down. I am still touch and go this morning. I am trying to eat something before I go to the office. I am weak from not eating. Moving around complicates matters. If I didn't just have 4.5 days off, I would call in sick.

I haven't heard from Firefly since she packed up on Wednesday. Which is fine. She may be clean, but that has not improved her selfish behavior. I am glad she made it through rehab, but she will quickly find life has several struggles sober too.

One more thing. I watched Dave Chapple's final Netflix show the Closer last night. People in the trans community are giving him hell for it. Dave Chapple is not only funny but he is smart. He gives you something to think about long after the jokes are over. He made one statement that I believe is true. "People don't listen to what he is saying."  If they did listen, they would hear that he is not punching down on Transgender women. His jokes on cancel culture are stop on. I am glad he is not afraid to do his act.

I tell you how I feel but you don't care
I say tell me the truth but you don't dare
You say love is a hell you cannot bear
And I say give me mine back and go there for all I care
I got my feet on the ground and I don't go to sleep to dream
You got your head in the clouds and you're not at all what you seem
This mind this body and this voice cannot be stifled by your deviant ways
So don't forget what I told you don't come around
I got my own hell to raise... Sleep To Dream, Fiona Apple

7 comments:

  1. Where on earth are you getting your food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, getting dehydrated from puking is always horrible.
    Ally McBeal was an amazing show. In the end I stopped watching it because I felt the sadness was so real, while the joys never felt plausible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it does wonders for the weight loss. I did like Ally McBeal. I think it was a ground breaking series for it's time.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, I think most smart people are gray. Rigid ideologies are what's wrong with our political system. They don't understand the need for shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Although seeing grey in everything can lead to pyritization.

      Delete
  4. I'll admit, it was a mixture of two things, but poisoning was probably one of the two.

    ReplyDelete