Friday, October 15, 2021
90 Days
Dreams often bring clarity. It dawned on me during my restless morning tumbling. That Firefly associates me with her trauma. This is what I felt. This is what was off between us when she was released. Consciously or, perhaps subconsciously she was uncomfortable around me. She was struggling with that. She wants the benefits, but not the perceived negatives. I guess, I did too. In the end, neither of us is getting what we wanted. Firefly packed up and is gone. She is going to a 3/4 house. On the positive side, she says she is 90 days clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Perhaps it's not so much the trauma as it is the routine she'd become accustomed to; if rehab works, routines get changed.
ReplyDeleteThing is, everyone tells me she is not a nice person. She isn't and it is not the drugs. Billie had a mean streak to her when she was using heavy, but she had a good heart for the most part. Firefly only thinks of herself.
DeleteSorry to hear things are not working out.
ReplyDeleteWell I tried. She did not put the effort I expected. Maybe I should have spoken up more. No one else seemed to have difficulty with understanding the arrangement.
Delete