Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Late Weekend Story

Last weekend, Tink, Tech, T-Rex, T-Rex's girlfriend, and I went to Stoney Creek metro park for a hike.  It was a lovely day, but it was really damp.  The mosquitos were out in droves.  They jumped you whenever you stood still. We let the kids head out ahead of the adults. Inside the trees, a wedding party set up a group of white folding chairs with the trail running down the center aisle just off the parking lot. 

It was an odd sight. We think the party would move the chairs deeper inside the trails where there is an old house that is often used for weddings. What made no sense is why they bothered neatly lining the chairs in the middle of the trail as if the marriage were taking place right there where hikers walked by.

We made jokes as we came upon the scene. "Someone getting married?  Give me 5 minutes with him. I'll change his mind," I said.  Then I added, "Never thought I'd be walking down the aisle again," as I walked through the neat row of chairs.

We did not stay on the trails long.  Tech was getting eaten alive by the mosquitos.  I received a few bites, but nothing compared to him.

After we took the kids to Spirit Halloween so T-Rex could look for a costume. We looked through the costumes. I told Tech, "I used to like seeing the girls wearing sexy costumes like these, but there is not a girl in this store I would want to see in any of them."

We ended the day at Olive Garden. We waited outside while a party of 10 kids in fancy attire waited in the vestibule.  They looked like middle school kids, but Tink assured me they were in high school and were going to homecoming. 

I was astounded by the calorie count on some of the meals.  "1850?  Add breadsticks and soup, and that is more than you should eat in a day!"

Tink scolded Tech and me for ruining Olive Garden with such talk. I enjoyed the food but didn't finish my meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment