Thursday, April 29, 2021

How's It Go Again?

Hello, hello, I'm not where I'm supposed to be
I hope that you're missing me, 'cause it makes me feel young

Billy called me yesterday after work. We talked for twenty minutes. I did the majority of the talking, she was reluctant to discuss anything concerning her relationship, and I didn't offer any details concerning anyone I've been sleeping with.

We discussed family and the kids. I told her Max is still planning on moving to Marquette in the fall to attend Northern Michigan. She said her mother dealt with the side effects of Covid for six months.  We discussed the text messages I received. She didn't come up with any theories.

Won't you help me sober up?
Growing up, it made me numb, and I wanna feel something again

I don't think there is any trouble in her paradise. I do think she struggles. I imagine work and finances are stressful. Towards the end of the conversation, I broached the subject she avoided. "How is your health? did you ever get on Suboxone?" I asked.

"No," she replied and was reluctant to elaborate further.

"That's too bad."

"Goodbye, goodbye," I said to my bestest buds.
We said that we'd keep in touch, and we did our best.

Something is lacking when we communicate. I cannot articulate what it is. There is a wall between us. Yet, we cannot completely turn away. It feels wrong too. For her, it is probably due to guilt. For me, it is a longing for what I once had.

My favorite color is you. Can I finally feel something again
How's it go again?... Sober Up, AJR

6 comments:

  1. You can never go back. I learned this by watching Conservatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ending reminded me of my 2nd divorce. Chills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard break up but not as bad as my divorce.

      Delete
  3. I can imagine that trying to have a conversation would be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If figured it out. It is because you cannot say what you want to say.

      Delete