Monday, April 26, 2021

Asshole

 For those wondering what happened to Firefly, she was here for a few days last week.  She was in terrible shape when she got here- sleep-deprived and tweaking. She said she just needed a couple days to make a plan. She never came up with a plan.

She likes staying here but doesn't put any effort into securing the living arrangement. Once she started feeling better, she wanted to leave. It started an argument. She wanted to see the old boyfriend. The one she was doing meth with back in January when she wrecked her car. The one who is only 4 months clean (he thinks it has been six months) and has plenty of legal issues from that period. I told her to take all her stuff with her, and she did. 

The boy's family and friends do not want him seeing Firefly. Firefly accused me of getting in touch with his mom. I haven't. I don't care. I told her I was glad she was with him, now she is his problem. I did warn him the night of the argument. I told him he was wasting his time and that he was just one of many.

He is just a convenient tool for her to cling to because she doesn't have anyone else. "You say everyone gives up on you," I said. "At some point, you should look at yourself as the issue. You are an asshole."

Saturday

Firefly: I've been sober this whole time (four days), and I'm happier than ever.

Bathwater: Good for you. Now leave me alone.

Firefly: Glady. Good luck finding a new me.

Bathwater: Why would I want to find that?


4 comments:

  1. New me? Being the smart ass I am, I would have spit out something like, 'dear, I haven't even found the old you yet."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad part is, you do and will find a “new”her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, but I am not looking at the moment. My age is catching up to me. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

      Delete