My only mistake was not getting a national parks pass from the beginning. We have been to several and have several more to go. Spending Christmas in Tucson was a good idea. The weather was great. Highs were around 70 degrees. We spend a few days at the pool and went to Sabino Canyon for a hike.
It was time to move on yesterday. Firefly gets lazy and I like to see new things. We are in Palm Springs, California. It rained last night. Their idea of a winter storm. We are going to Joshua Tree tomorrow. I would like to head for a few more places in the area. The plan is to drive up through the Mojave with my Jeep Gladiator Mojave on the way to Las Vegas next.
to this day i still call it Tuckson. Palm Springs, where my beloved grandparents lived. also a great trippy unexpected little time-travel movie from Andy Samberg. say hi to James Holzhauer when you get to Vegas...
ReplyDeletePalm Springs is okay. I liked Tucson. It would be the place I would pick to live.
DeleteNice pictures! Prepare yourself, I drove through the Mojave... it is boring as hell. Nothing for miles and miles and miles.
ReplyDeleteWell it will make for a good photo. The Mojave truck in the Mojave plus I can usually make good time in such situations.
DeleteThe trip looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt has been more fun than staying home for 18 days.
DeleteGood thing you came and went from Nashville before the big explosion.
ReplyDeleteWe were a few miles away from the explosion but yes, I believe it was a good thing we left.
Delete