Tuesday, December 15, 2020

T-Minus Two Days, and Counting

 It is two days before our departure.  Firefly says she is excited but she still needs to get her prescription for Suboxone today.  Yesterday they would not give it to her.  She had a faint trace of cocaine show up on her drug test.  She says it was a false positive but I doubt it.  

I am not going to get my hopes up until we are actually on the road.  I have been disappointed too many times in the past.  If we go, I plan on making it an epic journey to the best of my abilities.  If we don't, I plan on painting the moldings along the top of the half wall that borders the loft and stairwell.  Inside I have resigned myself to either outcome.

I have sent Tinkerbell a copy of my book for her to read and give me feedback.  I am pretty happy with it.  It looks like a novel.  It has a cover page, copyright, dedication, and table of content.  I have been reading a book on Amazon that describes how to format it for self publication.  Dave I might pic your brain on this also as you have successfully published four novels that way.

My hope is to have a picture of me beside the Jeep Gladiator with the mountains of the Southwest behind me.  If nothing else, this goal, completing my first draft, is complete.  I am taking my computer on the trip.  To do research on the journey.  I will try to keep you posted along the way.

6 comments:

  1. It's like bringing a lit flare into a fireworks shop, but good luck. Been helping my cousin through addiction recovery, unstable is the only applicable word.

    But then again, vacations are full of unpredictable. All about the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud when I read your comment Roth. It is so true. The lengths I will go to.

      Delete
  2. Publication is really easy. There are several import apps you can buy if you want, don't know if they make it any easier. I just import it straight from Word. For me, the hardest part is getting the cover to size correctly.

    ReplyDelete