Monday, March 22, 2021

Updates- and More Updates

 Tinkerbell called my Saturday, "Hey, I am in your area," she tells me.

T-Rex, her son, who is fourteen years old now, is on a date. Though they live across town now.  He is still dating a girl from his previous school.  Tinkerbell dropped him off at a trampoline center and is bored. We talked for a few minutes.  Tinkerbell is tired of her current company and has two interviews next week.  I think it is a smart move for her.  There are many jobs out there in her price range, and too few people willing to work.

She calls back an hour later.  T-Rex and his date have moved to an arcade inside of a bowling alley. Tinkerbell wanted to know if I wanted to stalk her the condo she sold to see what the new owners are doing.

I agree, and twenty minutes later, she pulls up in front of my condo in her black Kia.  I jump into the passenger seat.  "I didn't bring my wallet. Do I need anything?" I ask.

We drove around her old complex, but there was not much to see. So we parked outside the bowling alley. It has been months since I have seen Tinkerbell in person. I show her Max's TikTok account and pictures from the road trip that she has not seen already. 

After a while, we go into the bowling alley to check on the kids. The lanes have leagues going on, and the bowling alley is packed. They are not following any of the state-mandated capacity laws. More than half the people on the lanes are not wearing masks. It is not the type of crowd I would breach the subject. I was getting stares because I was wearing a bright blue disposable surgical mask. A large portion of my community belongs to the vocal right, and apparently, they like to bowl.

Despite having spent a good portion of the day together, the kids and parents decide they could go back to the date's house till later in the evening.  The mother offered Tinkerbell the opportunity to come to her house also, but Tink declined. Tink described the mother as desperate to make friends, and Tinkerbell had been ditching her all afternoon. 

I enjoyed what little time we got to spend together. Our sense of humor plays off each other. I hope we can get together more now that the weather is getting warmer.

Saturday night, Max invited himself, his girlfriend, and a coworker over to play more War Hammer 40k on my lego table upstairs in the spare bedroom.  They brought along alcohol and proceeded to drink and play a game.  I watched for a while but got bored and went to bed. 

Firefly returned home Friday. That is another story for a different blog post. I don't even want to go into it now I do not have the time to write it up properly. 

I get my first dose of the vaccine on March 31st. They have been pushing us to return to the office more, but they cannot officially TELL us to come back to work due to the state mandates.  It has left everyone doing different things. I have been busy lately with work and projects at home, but I hope those will be simmering down now, and I will get back to more regular posting.


6 comments:

  1. Do you know which vaccine you're getting? I had Moderna, mild side effects, most of my friends had the Pfizer, and had no side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get a choice but I hear other people that went to the health department that I plan on going to got the Pfizer.

      Delete
  2. Vax so soon.. I'm so jealous.
    At least my grandma has already got it.
    I'm probably scheduled for somewhere between November 2021 and April 2022 (not kidding).

    Side effects vary mostly in relation to wether you've already got covid (in this case, expect to go through a very bad day , whatever vax you get) of if you haven't had it (mild or no side effects).

    I can't believe you can go to bowling alleys, arcades and such. It would probably seem like a movie to us. We are only allowed to go to work.

    Hugs from a depressive Europe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, it helps that I am 56, but they feel like anyone can get the vaccine by May. I think I have had Covid over a year ago so we will see how I take to the shot. People are giving up on trying to stay safe around here and this is a more conservative state. I can only imagine what it is like in states lifting the mandates.

      Delete
  3. I am waiting for things to calm down as well. I hope this isn't my new normal at work and life. Good luck with the vaccine. I think I am eligible next month. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am curious if I will have a reaction.

      Delete