Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Return of the Firefly

Firefly lasted two weeks in rehab.  She didn't leave voluntarily. She was kicked out for rule violations. Firefly did not go into details. I have found those usually come out over time. The last infraction had something to do with not wearing a mask.

Things tend to spiral when she gets into trouble.  Firefly has a mouth on her at times. She wanted to stay. She felt she was making progress. I feel she is still too immature to take it seriously. I think it is a defense mechanism. 

They packed her up immediately and sent her to the airport. She wanted to find another rehab. She was not ready to come home, but after a failed attempt to fly directly to a rehab in New Jersey and the usual flight delays that occur with her, she wound up here Friday afternoon.  

I picked her up and took her straight to her doctor so she could continue her Suboxone. She spent the next three days in bed. She complained of not feeling well. It could have been from the Suboxone or withdrawing from the antidepressant medication they had her on in the facility. I'm not sure.

At home in bed is better than roaming the city. Today she ventured out.  She is meeting up with people I would not recommend.  Firefly has to make her own choices, I don't have faith she will make the right ones, but only time will tell.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is too bad, but not surprising. I think she is just too young to be ready for this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nope. Sadly, I have seen it before. I hope she gets to that point, but it will be a long time.

      Delete
  3. I agree... .... drugs.... drugs... the coping skills can never be underestimated.. most have none.... .. I have never known a person on Suboxone to make it... to the other side which is absence.. . I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Suboxone is just to keep her stable enough to work on herself. She has self-esteem issues and survivor's guilt and no coping skills. She just cannot keep on the right path.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, the latest edition has been clean up and should be a better read. Please feel free to give it a review.

      Delete