I finished my taxes this weekend. People around me are getting the vaccine right and left.
Things are quiet lately, not much to discuss. Firefly is quickly undoing any progress she made. I am ignoring her. I told her I did not want to be involved in her actions. I think the situation will take care of itself, and not in a favorable way for her.
Firefly has been gone the majority of the past four days. In that time, she has gotten a ticket and in a second unrelated incident her mother received a call from the police concerning an incident she was involved in Yesterday. Firefly declined to elaborate over text what it involved. My guess she was with her old boyfriend. I am going to call him Albino.
Albino is in trouble for running from the police. He has several drug related offenses. Firefly and the Albino were probably running around selling Xanax and the cops tried pulling them over. Instead of stopping they probably ran. The only other thing I can think is that one of them overdosed and had to be brought back with Narcan. Either way, it doesn't look good for her.
If she makes it through these next few years, she will be in a giant hole. I've seen it before first hand. They don't learn, perhaps they can't at that age.
Billie refused to change. Sometimes I wonder if she has quit. In our last email exchange when I asked about her health, she sidesteped the question.
hope it works out for all of them
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't seem to be working out.
DeleteThe lack of fear, of concern for herself is what astonishes me. And possibly was what always kept me from taking things one step too far.
ReplyDeleteAnd in the end I think that's true for everyone right? we all have certain inset safety mechanism that stops us. It's set at different points for each person, and maybe some of us don't have it.
She wants to die. She is often very suicidal. I think this is what drives the risky behavior.
DeleteAnd what about you? do you really want to stay involved as she spirals down? I'm concerned about what that's going to do to you... she's choosing this, you aren't.
DeleteGood question, no I don't really want to be involved most days. It is not pleasant to watch. There is some guilt involved in detaching myself. I fear she is worse off on her own. Unlike Billie from my past, I have very little emotional attachment to her.
DeleteDamn, I feel bad for her. But you can't push someone to get clean and stay that way they have to want it enough to get and stay clean. My mom used to use cocaine and PCP and it took her being arrested and being in jail for almost a year before she got away from the idiot boyfriend and got clean.
ReplyDeleteI don't see her wanting to get clean. Every time she relapses she digs herself a bigger hole.
DeleteYears ago I dated a man who became addicted to cocaine. It was by far the most painful, chaotic, insane relationship I have ever had. I finally had to walk away, for my own sake. He is in prison now. I have had no contact. I feel like he is a poison to my life, and I need to keep him out of my life. Addicts are hard people to love.
ReplyDeleteYes they can be. Even Billie was difficult for many yearsand wasn't easy to deal with when she became a functional addict.
DeleteI really like that name... Albino, it's almost visceral!
ReplyDeleteHe is bad news, and by bad news I mean he is no better than her.
ReplyDeleteI was hoping Firefly would pull it together but it is not looking good for her.
ReplyDeleteNo it is not, it looks frighteningly bad when she is doing crack. All reason disappears and she is bouncing off the walls like a crack addict.
DeleteAlbino, now that's an HBO name! wishing Firefly the best. as a wise man once said, "take care of yourself and each other"
ReplyDeleteIt would be a good TV name. He is just a skinny white Italian kid.
DeleteHmmm, I have similar feelings with my 39 year old son, who discovered meth some years ago and thinks nothing can harm him. Oh, and he has his mother's twisted "It's not a problem" way of thinking. It's an ongoing battle.
ReplyDeleteI know many people that drink and think it is not a problem. They are the worst critics of others with issues.
Delete