I am working upstairs in the loft when I hear the familiar sounds of someone entering the front door. Sienna, my cat, quickly scurries off to hide in the spare bedroom. She doesn't like unexpected guests. I know who is here. Max has not been over in a few days to make TikTok videos.
I go downstairs. Max and his girlfriend are seated on the couch. His girlfriend has a Starbucks coffee sitting on the coffee table. Max is searching his phone. He wants to show me what he wants for his birthday.
"You are jumping the gun a bit, aren't you?" I say. His birthday is still two months away. He sends me a link to a $300 War Hammer figurine. We both agree the price is a bit steep
.
He sends me another link. This figurine is over $1000. "You should just buy yourself a 3D printer and make your own," I suggest. He feels the size would be prohibitive.
I put a frozen pizza in the oven for myself. My eating habits have deteriorated since Billie and I broke up. I don't feel like making meals for one. Firefly seldom eats. When she does, it is usually after midnight.
The pair go down the basement to make videos. I am glad I have the green screen and lighting in the basement. Max uses it more for his TikTok than I do for my Legos.
I go back to the loft and continue working. I can hear them laughing downstairs. They stay for an hour. I tell Max he needs to cross-advertise on YouTube and Instagram to get more followers. I feel he could make some money off his hobby if he took it seriously. He does not seem interested. Maybe he knows the reality of it better than I.
You can check him out on TikTok tech_priest_.
You're such a "DAD," lol!
ReplyDeleteWell I hope so :).
Delete