To Billie and Tinkerbell, my book represents a past they wish to forget. It is something they would not want to read. I did not understand this at first. Not all the things I captured concerning myself were positive either, but there were good moments along the way.
For me, my book symbolizes moving forward. I am working on it still. I apologize to and appreciate all those who have bought a copy. I am working with Grammarly and an editor for one more attempt at getting it to where I can feel happy with the results. It has been a learning experience. I will gladly send another copy to those who purchased it when I am satisfied. During the past few weeks, I have felt discouraged, but I have found ways to move forward and ways to improve my writing.
This morning it was -10 degrees outside. I drove to the dentist for my six-month cleaning. I cannot imagine being outside for any amount of time in such cold.
Cold seeps into the house during the day. I never feel warm until I am downstairs riding my bike or back under the covers of my bed. Lately, I have preferred being under the covers.
Firefly stays up all night, disrupting my sleep pattern. It is the crack. The past two days reminded me why I kicked her out in the first place. She is worse now than before. She wants to be left alone but given any freedom, she self-destructs. I'd compromise if it didn't affect my sleep, or my life. But it will end up happening. It is enviable.
Be careful of the editing. I knew a writer who couldn't seem to stop. You will always be able to think of a new way to say something, it may be better, but it might also just be different. I always print off a hard copy of the first draft, notate that, and then begin doing changes. That way I can see where the manuscript started, and where it is now.
ReplyDeleteI know I need one more revision. Then I will let it go.
DeleteWe warmed up to -10 yesterday. It was delightful!
ReplyDeleteI have my dental cleaning & checkup today. Exciting times!
Yes the dentist is the highlight of February.
Delete