Friday, February 5, 2021

Departure

Firefly came back from her extended overnight with her boyfriend Wednesday night. We discussed the rules she agreed to when she got back from Texas. She acted demurely and agreed to them but was back to lies and deceit before the night was done.

Thursday, she spent the entire day in bed. She said it was because she had a migraine. Who knows. I also saw her text, someone Wednesday night, saying she was already getting sick.

Today, I told her I was fed up with the games and that she should leave. She argued briefly. She said I was crazy and liked to make things up, but I know better. This is not the first addict I have been around.

Firefly has a job. She starts working at the dry cleaners Monday. Her father came through and bought her a car. She can figure things out on her own. It is not worth it to me putting up with drama anymore. Her focus is never on doing what she needs. It was time.

We parted amicably considering. I told her, 'I don't hate you. I am just tired of the arguing.'

She packs up a considerable amount more than when she moved in here. We hugged for a few moments in the kitchen, we shared a kiss, and she left. I am sad about it. She can be fun. I like Firefly, but I don't feel any guilt. She is much better off than when she came to me. She said she did not know where she was going. I hope she goes back to her parents. At least for a few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. There comes a point in our lives when age permits us to say 'enough.' I enjoy working with a number of the young people in my store, many understand or at least try to understand, and then there are others who will recycle their little dramas over and over again for the rest of their lives. I have little patience for that group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked back at old posts today. Firefly was frustrating and on thin ice her enter stay. She could not be what I wanted. I will miss her. If she continues to come around occasionally it will probably be a better arrangement.

      Delete
  2. Reckless Youth sometimes is afforded the Privilege of growing up and growing old... so sometimes they make better choices and lasting changes. I'm going thru that now with our Two Addict Adult Kiddos.... both in their 30's, it just took that long... Firefly is Young. If her Lifestyle and choices don't kill her, she might be one of the Lucky ones to have it all behind her one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is young and youth have a different focus mostly shaped by their upbringing. She is at a disadvantage she was raised without attention and discipline. I have a feeling I have not seen the last of her.

      Delete
  3. I like her also, I have a hard time letting her make her own mistakes. She does need to be around people her own age, but she needs to concentrate on herself and not relationships with boys.

    ReplyDelete