Yesterday was in the mid-sixties. It will not be that warm again in the near future. I took that opportunity to get out and both ride my bike and walk. I listened to top 100 alternatives songs from the 2000's. It is the sound track of my blogs. They say that music can be uplifting but I do not find it to be true.
Most days I sit in silence. The never ending voice inside my head is constantly talking. They say with meditation we can learn to quiet the voice but it is my only company during these days of quarantine.
I am on Chapter 6 of my memoir. It is the point when Billy and I first meet. Ready through those old posts is very emotional. I still have not heard from Billy. If it was any other friend I would just call but I am not sure it is my place to call her. I am going to wait until tomorrow. I am expecting to get a recording, or for it to go straight to voicemail.
Back in February the physic used the term, "she hasn't learned her lesson yet". Is that a nice way of saying she is going to jail? Many of you think I give the physic's words to much validity. Perhaps I do, but I can't fault anything she has said.
Last night a light rain can through the area. In the middle of the night the wind picked up making the condo creak and grown under the force. I was awake. I don't sleep well unless I take Advil PM's to knock me out. That is a habit I don't want to start.
Tomorrow the owner has scheduled a meeting for us. Several of my co-workers feel it is to tell us he is cutting back salaries. I hope not, but it makes sense. I am not concerned. Unlike many who are less fortunate now I can afford to live on half my salary. Still it will mean cutting back on extra curricular activities. Not that much of that is happening right now.
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside...Mr. Brightside, The Killers
Way to go on riding the bike! Surprisingly, I too sit in silence most of the time. I have enough busy shit going around in my head I find music distracting.
ReplyDeleteI like music, but not while I am working. I find it is harder to concentrate with it on. It must be old age setting in.
Deletethey say the peak will come Easter Sunday but who knows. over here we got about another month to go till the end of April. this is such a routine now I might social-distance and wear a mask forever. we can't shake hands ever again, that's depressing
ReplyDeleteMy colleagues in China are still wearing masks. I will not miss the handshakes but the hugs were nice.
Delete