Monday, April 20, 2020

A Dream

I had a dream last night.  It was very vivid.  It seemed like a continuation.  Like I have had this dream before but didn't remember it.  In the dream I was engaged and a week away from getting married. But something was wrong.  I was not attracted to my fiance.  I was in a panic, going coworkers and friends trying to explain to people something was wrong.That I wanted out of the wedding.

"I don't even have her face stored on my phone next to her text messages." I told people. We were only engaged six months which coincided with a strange memory loss.  I kept telling people I wanted to call off the wedding but no one was supporting me.  Something was wrong and I was becoming frantic and starting to hallucinate.  I was sure  the woman, who's face near really coalesced in the dream, was marrying me to get control of my money.

I am sometimes able to gain some control over dreams or to continue them. Not this time.  I woke feeling anxious.  The events from the dream have stayed with me throughout the morning.


8 comments:

  1. I can do that with my dreams, move them and change them, not that I always give them logical endings, but they're endings I'm happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to do this last night but I could not get to sleep. Ended up taking some Advil PM at 11:00 pm

      Delete
  2. I feel you, my friend. I have lucid dreams. I used to run a youtube channel where I analyzed my dreams. but it only lasted three videos cos I started to forget them. the worst is when you wake up paralyzed, your consciousness is on but your body won't move, you're trapped and you can't get up forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only had a few of those. Once when the neighbor died. I had the feeling he was a t the doorway to my bedroom. It was very weird.

      Delete
    2. I've had loads of those experiences! Bloody scares the shit outta me!

      Delete
    3. I know it was very weird. Of course that was a very weird time in my life.

      Delete
  3. Dreams are Powerful.... Any way you think of them... !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being stuck in a dream can keep me from moving forward in the real world.

      Delete