Leave all your love and your longing behind
Can't carry it with you if you want to survive..Dog Days Are Over, Florence + The Machine
I put on a pair of jeans again yesterday. They seem foreign and constrictive. I followed Tinkerbell and her boyfriend down to the Home Depot in Warren. What an interesting sight. Many people were still not wearing masks, including some of the employees. I stayed in the Jeep as much as possible. When we got the four bi-fold doors to her condo I took one into the master bedroom and immediately could tell it was the wrong size. Tink did not measure both rooms and the master bedroom needs larger doors.
They discussed taking them back that day. I suggested waiting till at least Monday. The store has a 180 day return policy right now but Tink is short of money and patience. She is hiring a handyman to complete the repairs on her condo. Part of me felt slighted, I can do most of the work but mostly I am relieved I do not have to do it.
She has been spending money changing things that were fine and not on just finishing what was need.It is awkward being around people. Everyone keeps their distance. You eye everyone as being able to do you potential harm.
This weekend has been a bit harder than the others. The weather is not better. I don't feel like going out but the sadness is growing. I am lonely. I have not been able to get any of the usual girls to come over and I don't think it is a good time to find someone new.
There is only so much time I can waste building legos. Honestly this sucks.
It is a strange time for sure right now. I'm sorry that you're feeling lonely right now. Hopefully being on social media helps with that a little. I know it helps me.
ReplyDeleteActually I don't use social media much. I detest Facebook and I am only a viewer on Instagram.
DeleteLet me begin again.... The World is a lil bit out of Kilter.. Your post hits home on many levels...
ReplyDeleteYou hit the nail on the Head every time.....
Thanks Tommy, I just woke up in a bad way.
DeleteMy store's full too, we only let 100 in at a time and the line grows very long. Measure everything at least twice.
ReplyDeleteThis doesn't bother me, but then I have the dogs and even though they don't understand a word I say, they at least pay attention.
My cat doesn't listen very well and it bugs me when ever I get a phone call.
DeleteIt does suck. There are times I could scream and cry because I feel so hemmed in. It will pass and at least you are going out and doing something no matter how banal it may seem.
ReplyDeleteYes I did not want to leave after dropping off the doors. I wanted to just talk with someone.
Delete9th week at home here (and 7th of lockdown).
ReplyDeletea trip like yours buying doors sounds like paradise, trust me
It wasn't i would prefer to stay closer to home with a nice walk or something.
Delete