Saturday, April 25, 2020

Hanging On

When your day is long
And the night, the night is yours alone
When you're sure you've had enough
Of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go
'Cause everybody cries
And everybody hurts sometimes


I awoke realizing I had already re-posted "And We Are Broken".  I really am in some twisted version of Corona Virus groundhogs day.  Our governor has extend her "stay safe, stay at home order till mid May.  My mental state will be frazzled my then.  I miss humanity.  This year was supposed to be so different.  I was going to meet new people, take a few well deserved vacations how did we end up here?

Sometimes everything is wrong
Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone (Hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go (Hold on)
If you think you've had too much

Of this life, well hang on...Everybody Hurts, REM

6 comments:

  1. Most smart governors are doing the slow re-entry because the disease is still moving at different rates of speed throughout different parts of the state. Every country around mine has had it worse and the worst thing you can do is having contagious people rush in because we are now 'open for business.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and considering everything, I am doing pretty good for me but it is getting harder to keep it together.

      Delete
  2. I was staying at home long before this virus so a longer stay at home order does not affect me badly but I know a lot of people aren't like me and it's driving them bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think part of what was keeping me sane was the going out, having routines and having hope.

      Delete
  3. it's just a temporary hold-up. You will meet people and take vacations soon

    ReplyDelete