My youngest showed up announced yesterday. Although I was glad to see him. He should not be coming over. His mother works are one of the busiest hospitals in downtown Detroit. Still I did not kick him out. Monday is his birthday. He will be twenty-one. He decided it would be a good idea to by some beer and celebrate. So we did.
I was not feeling well yesterday, so I did not drink. I am beginning to have pains like I did back in December. I am beginning to wonder if it is holiday stress induced. I do not even think of Easter as a holiday. Billy finally texted back, the day after I tried calling her.
Billy: Hey. How you been? I'm alright. Struggling with being unemployed right now with no insurance, but making the best of it. You hanging in there?
Bathwater: What the heck? I was worried about you. I you haven't replied in a week. I am okay. Trying to stay busy.
That is all she relayed. I am not going to bother writing too much into it. Like I said before. She would be the worst person to be quarantined with right now.
Max didn't stay long. There was an awkward moment at the door when he was leaving. We didn't know whether to bump elbows or just wave goodbye. I felt like a prisoner getting a visit. This isolation is taking a toll on my mental health.
The boss did not cut our salaries during our weekly review, although he did mention several of the customers who did. He is trying to apply for government loans. If the money isn't coming out of his bottom line we will be okay.
I use an old bike on a stand to exercise on the basement the stand provides resistance but it seems the back tire has developed a leak near the valve stem. I will have to fix it myself if I can get an inner tube for the wheel. I will need to look for that today. The bike is the only consistant exercise I have been able to maintain while at home.
Be safe xx
ReplyDeleteWell I am trying to be safe and still see my kids.
DeleteI felt like a prisoner getting a visit---that is so apt, that's the perfect description of how we all feel now. yeah it's weird, our homes have become our prisons...
ReplyDeleteI am beginning to enjoy most of it except the work part. I still don't enjoy the work part.
DeleteYou can socialize, as long as you follow the right protocol. This is not total isolationism. Be glad you youngest showed up, some parents don't get that.
ReplyDeleteTrue he is pretty conscious of my mental health. He knows being alone is hard on me.
DeleteI am glad to see all is ok with you up there in the North Land
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am very lucky.
DeleteIt's good that Billy finally replied, but seriously after a week, WTF? Keep work as "routine work" as possible. In a separate room if you can, listen to some podcasts or have a routine. I have come to love working from home, but I am a total hermit now. Additionally, my job functions allow me to work FT from home, whereas other people, not so much. I feel like my environmental job in San Diego definitely helped me learn to work solo, so I'm good company for myself. And my animals of course.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to become a hermit. I am afraid that this distancing is making me become that though.
Delete