Sunday, April 5, 2020

Dragon Hoard

Little mentioned fact on this blog so far is that I collect Legos.  I have been collecting since before my twins were born so that means at least 27 years.  I have spare bedroom dedicated to them but the amount of built models overflows that room.

Billy liked to build the models with me.  For a while it was hard to get motivated to build anything.  I used to make original models but I lost the motivation.  Last week I was try to build an elevated train station but I got disappointed with my train car and lost interest. This weekend I decided to change that.

I have always wanted to build a dragon hoarding over a treasure.  I choose a Harry Potter set I bought before quarantine to use as a starting point.  It had a decent dragon but I made several changes to it.  It took my three hours to get the legs the way I wanted.  After several rebuilds and slight changes he is complete.  This morning it was time to work on the treasure hoard.  I started with a mosaic floor and worked my way out.  I am happy with the results but I need to work on my lighting and editing.

I used to have Photoshop and my son's digital camera.  These photos are from my phone without any edits.  Still it was a good start.  I will probably take it apart and work on it some more.  That is the only way I know to get it right.





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It kept me busy for a few days and I do like it.

      Delete
  2. This is cool! I couldn't freehand any lego set! I kinda want to get the Harry Potter lego sets, but damn they can get expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many of them. some are opened many are still in the original boxes tucked away.

      Delete