Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Untethered Soul

I have been learning.  Grief is the best motivator to learning about yourself.  I have read a few books recently.  "Attached. The New Science of Adult Attachment...", "The Untethered Soul", and "Running on Empty".  I recommend all three.  None of them have all the answers but they are giving me incite into who I am.

I am working toward becoming more mindful.  I still have more to learn.  I want to release myself from my fears and move beyond grief and pain.  The Untethered Soul has opened my eyes to a new way of thinking about things.  It short on how to achieve some of the things it teaches but it gives me a starting point.

Billy did not respond to my email yet.  I hope she does not see it.  I am in a better place today and would not have sent it.  One thing that has come to me as I have grown older, life is about learning.

4 comments:

  1. I meditate every morning...still don't know if I will actually enter that monastery or not.

    Running On Empty, I LOVE that Jackson Browne song, love its trail at the end

    the eternal struggle of whether or not to hit SEND on that text you've been working on a long time to get it just right, I know that all too well. I think generally it's better just to send it cos there's catharsis in that, you can kinda move on from those particular feelings after that, it's like releasing a bird out into the wild. if you don't send it, those feelings return to you all pent-up and bottle you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I sent it. I am also glad she did might not read it. I am trying to become more mindful. Perhaps I am getting old.

      Delete
  2. Mindfulness can happen at any age. I know I should read Attached, I already know I'm an anxious attacher, but that's also due to a lot of childhood trauma that is going to take a while to overcome. Slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having an anxious attachment style is not all bad if you are aware of it. Let go of that childhood trauma can move you forward.

    ReplyDelete